For example, I don’t like how Movable Type’s MTEntryNext and MTEntryPrevious work. I usually only want to go back and forth within a category, not through the whole site. You also can’t re-sort by field or ascend/descend like you can with MTEntries (which means your next/prev are out of order if you sort any other way than the default). I’ve already posted it to the Request a New Feature board (although I think it’s a minor minor bug).
I’ve done all kinds of stuff today. I wrote documents, finished up a project, put off starting a new one, ate a salad, drank a gallon of water and wrote up my goals for the first quarter:
- I will write more code than documents this quarter.
- I will mourn Steve Case’s resignation quietly and keep my grief to myself. I will no longer start sobbing in meetings and crying out, “Oh, STEVE!!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE US?!!”
- I will stop laughing when I hear the word “functionality”.
- In the interest of cost savings, I will institute a toilet paper rationing program. I will personally set an example by using no more than four sheets per visit to the little boys’ room.
- I will stop putting rude comments in my code.
- No more easter eggs (I swear, there haven’t been ANY in anything y’all might have seen).
- Instead of wasting company time walking all the way to the bathroom, I will install one in my office.
- I will stop referring to my co-workers as Squeaky McSoggypants