Month January 2012
- Being CEO means making decisions all the time. You don’t always have time to think about them and not making a decision is actually making a decision.
- The more decisions you can let other people make, the better. The trick is knowing which ones you can afford to delegate.
- I still have a lot to learn about the business side of things, and not a lot of time to learn them.
- I miss writing code full-time. I miss the order of write, test, debug, repeat. Management is unpredictable and messy.
- Comfort Eagle is Cake‘s best album.
- There’s a fine line between thinking about a problem and wasting time.
- I wish there were more British-style quiz shows in the US. I’d watch the hell out of a US version of QI, 8 Out of 10 Cats or Mock the Week.
- The code I’m most proud of from the past 12 months has got to be my OAuth2 server. I looked at it again today after not seeing it in a while, and it’s gorgeous. Most code I’ve written disgusts me if I go back to it 6 months later.
- Savannah is the perfect town to wreak creative havok in. It’s the right size where one person can make some real change happen if they set themselves to it (or even if they half-ass it like I do), and a great creative community that’s easy to “infect” with good ideas who will either jump in and help or at least cheer you on.