I used to have access to a lovely espresso machine, which which we made many iced lattes. Now that I work from home, reproducing the silky luxury of those iced lattes has been a little difficult. Until now. I use an Aeropress for almost all of my coffee needs and have finally figured out how to make a solid iced latte:
- Put the Aeropress plunger on the 3 line of the aeropress. You don’t want too much coffee or you’ll never get it cold. Plus, you want it to be strong.
- 1 scoop of finely ground coffee (if you can’t do fine ground, that’s OK) in the aeropress
- Pour almost boiling water over the grounds, stir, then set your timer for 4 minutes.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with four ice cubes, sugar and milk or half and half to taste (I’d guess no more than 1/3 cup of liquid).
- When the timer goes off, press the coffee into the cocktail shaker, shake the hell out of it and pour.
It’s simple and makes a really good iced latte. And remember, the better your beans, the better your cup (I get all my coffee from Cup to Cup).