Just a little update on LawverHappenings:
- Christmas was great. Max was adorable and everyone was laid back and had a good time. There were no fights, no major philosophic differences (that we discussed), no disasters, and everyone left smiling.
- As you can tell by my last post, I got Civ3 from my in-laws. It has yet to caused marital dischord, which is a major achievement.
- Mom got me The Best of Randy Newman. It’s most excellent.
The record store in the mall is going out of business. We raided it and I picked up some really good stuff
- Rhinocerose: Blissful French techno. Very groovy
- Spring Heel Jack: Treader. I love his other stuff and didn’t even know about this album. It’s much better than the last one.
- Amon Tobin: Supermodified. Oh yes, yes, yes, this is an amazing album. You’ve heard him on BMW and Coke commercials. Great rockin’ beats. Light Sunday Afternoon Industrial
- Crash Test Dummies: Give Yourself a Hand. I was curious about this album before, but never went out and got it. It’s an interesting departure from the “Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm” stuff from their first two albums. I liked it. They mixed up the vocals, still had a couple songs that felt like their old stuff, but really left the park on the rest of the album. It’s a little dirty, but a fun listen.
- David Byrne: Feelings. I love David Byrne. I was looking for Look Into the Eyeball, but this was the only one they had that I don’t. Excellent album. Goes from David Byrne’s normal wackiness to Country twang to techno-ey thumping without making your head spin. Awesome.
- Memento the Soundtrack: There’s some really good stuff on this album by Moby, Thievery Corporation, Bjork, etc. Good stuff.
- We went to Home Depot yesterday and loaded up on shelving for our midget closet and various other places. I even bought super-strength drywall screws so I don’t repeat the “Great Sliding Shelve Debacle of 2000” again.