I don’t know what the fuss is all about: Random Notes
- Bandits is a crappy movie
- The Powerbook G4 is the most well-designed laptop I’ve ever see or used.
- Heluva Good French Onion dip rules
- Why does it take the NBA until the conference finals to get interesting? Ok, the Dallas/Sacramento series was interestiing, but over too soon. I think the conference finals will be great. The first games have been amazing.
- Work is crazy. It’s frightening working with people I’ve known for a few years now, but never really worked with. I feel like I’m on the edge of my knowledge, and that’s scary. My old job was comfortable. I knew where I was and that they’d always need what I could do because no one else could really do it. Now, I don’t feel as indispenable, and that makes me nervous.
- I wish everyone spoke English. Not because other languages aren’t pretty, but programming for other character sets sucks. It really does. And when it doesn’t work like it’s supposed to, it sucks even more.
- You can do crazy things with Java and they’ll work.
- You can do crazy things with Tcl and AOLserver and they’ll probably work but you run a very good chance of not doing things the way you should because documentation sucks and it’s a fickle beast.
- Bandits will just not end. Billy Bob is kind of entertaining, but the rest of it is just dragging. Is it bed time yet?