I took most of last week, and today off from work. Did we go anywhere? Nope. Did we do anything exciting? Not really. It was mostly to catch up on all the house stuff that got put on the back shelf while I’ve been either out of town or working ridiculous hours. Oh yeah, and I took a couple naps too.\
Although we didn’t go anywhere, we did get a bunch of stuff done:
- I bought a new vacuum cleaner, put it together and we “vacuumed the hell out of everything”.
- The boys and I cleaned up all the toys and stuff on the main floor and put everything away.
- We cleaned up the basement (again, all the toys put away, and I think we vacuumed).
- Donated a bunch of baby stuff to Goodwill
- Recycled two computers and a broken monitor
- Got the oven fixed (woo-hoo, I’m makin’ brownies!)
- Got the ice maker fixed
- Made a lot of progress with ruby on rails
- Spent a lot of time with Brian just playing. I love this age. Both of my kids skipped the “terrible twos”, and I’m very happy about it. Brian is fun to be around, happy and loves to play games. He chases us around the house, tries to tickle us (I have to get him saying, “tickle, tickle, tickle” recorded), and then will sit and cuddle much longer than Max ever would. The kid’s a real joy to be around.
- Took the boys to Dairy Queen
- And, I let my e-mail pile up. I checked it once a day through web mail, but unless it felt “life threatening”, I didn’t respond, and I didn’t even open most of it. On Thursday, I pried open the laptop and downloaded most of it so it wouldn’t pile up on the server, but I still have almost ~~400~~ 500 unread messages on the server, and about that many sitting on the laptop. Tomorrow morning is going to be fun.\
It’s back to work tomorrow.