There’s a bumper crop of stuff I can’t wait to listen to today! Hooray! But, before I get into today’s music, it’s time to talk about work for just a sec. For the past several months, we’ve been working on a new product, and I’m really proud of it. It’s a new way to do web radio and it’s coming out later this summer. If you’re interested, and you should be, you can sign up for a beta invite and be one of the first people to experience it. I can’t wait to show it to you!
Now, on to the music! And just like last week, I haven’t actually listened to these yet. I’ll try to come back and update things, but I’m pretty confident in today’s list.
- The Burning Hell – Flux Capacitor – These guys are goofy and create some silly music, but it’s so damned good, I can’t help but dance along.
- The Antlers – Burst Apart – Their first album, Hospice was heartbreaking and beautiful. I don’t know what to expect from this one, but I can’t wait to find out.
- Sloan – The Double Cross – These guys are giants of Canadian indie rock and for good reason. They consistently produce tight killer rock songs.
- Pearl and the Beard – Pearl and the Beard – I first heard them on nyctaper and quickly went and hunted down everything I could. I have high hopes for this one.
- Black Moth Super Rainbow – Extra Flavor – I have a feeling this is mostly outtakes from their last album, but their last album was good enough that these should be pretty darn good.
- Cornershop – Supercomputed – And you thought they only did Brimful of Asha. Their recent albums have been solid, and I didn’t even know this one was coming out. Happy surprise!
There you go. If I find anything else, I’ll add it to the list. What are you listening to this week?