Things I learned in the hall on the way to the bathroom:
- Marshmallows originally came from the root of a plant called, oddly enough, the marsh mallow.
- Instead of using marsh mallow to make them now, our modern marshmallows are made with gelatin.
- It is very easy to make homemade marshmallows. I will, of course, try to get my hands on the recipe and post it for your mallow-making pleasure.
- The ancient Egyptians made marshmallows, as did the Native Americans (although they usually made Fluff instead of cutting them up.
- Homemade marshmallows are bouncier and fluffier than those stale marshmallows you buy in the store (I know, because I got to eat one).