- These Memories Can’t Wait – Living Colour cover of Talking Heads
- The James Bond Theme – Skatalites cover of everyone.
- James Bond Theme – Art of Noise… ditto
- Not really a cover, but Bela Fleck and the Flecktones’ version of The Star Spangled Banner gives me goosebumps every time I hear. They also do a great version of The Beatles’ My Michelle.
- I Will Survive – Cake cover of You Know Who
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley cover of Leonard Cohen (John Cale’s is good too – it’s the one they used in Shrek)
- Stand By Your Man – Lyle Lovett’s cover (on The Crying Game soundtrack)
- Don’t Fence Me In – David Byrne’s cover (the only good thing to come out of The Bachelor – the film, not the show)
- Take Me To The River – Talking Head’s cover
- Wang Dang Doodle – Koko Taylor’s version (not really a cover cuz EVERY blues singer does this song)
- Light My Fire – Massive Attack’s cover of Jose (you know who)
- Crosstown Traffic – Living Colour’s cover of Jimi Hendrix
In other exciting family news, my little sister has won yet another award!! She is now easily the most famous of the Lawvers. I have some catching up to do. As the oldest, I feel it is my place to be more famous than the rest of them. Ok, not really, but that sounds really catty, doesn’t it?
My cold is still messing with me. It’s decided that waking me up choking on throat and nose goblins at the crack of dawn, then subjecting me to chills and a rampaging headache until at least 10:30am. For the rest of the day, it’s sore throat, stuffy head and dulled senses until I collapse again at night. Work isn’t helping. This huge thing I still can’t tell you about is about to be something I can actually show you, on top of lots of new projects and other craziness (can you say $100 billion loss… I can’t. It makes me cry), I’ve been working way too long every day. In before 8:30, home after 7. It’s a wonderful life, I tell you.