Someone at work has some of the best mash-ups I’ve ever heard, and they have no idea where they came from. Google doesn’t know anything about them. I’m turning to you, dear interweb, to help me track down the creators of these little masterpieces. They are:
- Fatboy’s Love Shack – A fun mix of Funk Soul Brother and Love Shack.
- 3000 Gonna Rock You – We Will Rock You mixed with a bunch of stuff I don’t think I’ve heard before, but it’s awesome. Some fun acoustic guitar over Freddie’s vocals. Might be Black Eyed Peas, but I really don’t know.
- Twist & Sex Laws – Beck and the Beatles. This one’s not as good as the first two, but still solid.
- Hella Good Mash – No Doubt and some disco-y number. Good stuff.
- Elvis Conversation – No idea, but it’s awesome. A little Elvis, a little backbeat, some bass, some amazing sprinkle of something else. May be my favorite of the bunch.
- Feeling Satisfaction – Annie Lennox (the song with “take these wings and fly” in it), and Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. Sounds goofy, but it’s SWEET.
- It Wasn’t Me, Let It Be – Let It Be and some guy with a kind of high voice singing about a girl, a Jamaican rapper, and Lennon and McCartney. Yeah, baby.
- Are You Gonna Be My Dirrty -I don’t know why, but I can only stand Christina Aguilera when she’s been mashed up. Mixed up with a great guitar stunner that I can’t place, but I’m sure I’ve heard before.
- Hate To Say I Milkshake – I’m pretty sure that’s Boston in the background, but I can’t say which song. And, of course the “my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard” song that EVERYONE mashes, remixes and kanoodles with. I don’t think I’ve ever even heard the original.
- Get Your Music Runnin’ – Steppenwolf vs. Can’t Stop The Rock (or is it Don’t Stop The Rock?) vs. some other stuff I’ve never heard before. This one will blow your headphones off.\
Please help, oh internet. These mash-ups deserve the respect of having them associated with their creator. They’re excellent.
I’m pretty sure the Elvis one is Elvis vs. JLX. It was on the radio out here a bunch a year or two ago. I’ll double check (Danielle has it on her computer), but I’m pretty sure that’s right.
I wish I could help–I have become a mashup hoarder myself. Will keep checking back, as these sound like they’re worth having!
Ok, I can admit it…I am a mash-up virgin…Where’s a good spot to find stuff so I can join all you cool kids?
The Elvis mix, assuming there weren’t any other recognizable songs mashed-in, could have been the remixed version of “A Little Less Conversation” that appeared on the E1VIS 30 #1 Hits album a few years back.
I’m not much on the mash-ups myself, but I’m always open to new things.
(And, incidentally, “It Wasn’t Me” was by Shaggy.)
Comments are closed.