So I needed a break from thinking about markup and decided to go check out the stats for lawver.net generated by my friendly web server. I stumbled on something interesting (to me):
- pages served in 2003: 67,492
- pages served in 2004: 581,041
- pages served in 2005: 1,003,530\
I think I joined Dreamhost in about the middle of 2003, so that’s understandable. But, still, that’s almost doubling the amount of traffic every year. I think that’s pretty cool.\
Some more stuff that’s probably only cool to me:
- About 25% of the visitors to this site are Mac users.
- NetNewsWire is the most popular news reader among the RSS consumers of this site.
- Bloglines is number two.
- Search engine bots index this site more often than they probably should.
- The most popular search terms that get people here are:
- sick movies
- beautiful font
- green snot
- chicken noises (holy crap, I’m number one!)
- nerd jokes
- Over 25% of my traffic comes from Google if you include all the localized versions.
- About 1% of my traffic comes from inside the AOL campus local network (which oddly enough, doesn’t worry me at all).
- According to Sitemeter, I went from about 2,200 “visits” a month in October of last year to over 9,000 last month (which was an aberration, but July was still almost 7,500).\
Told you I love information.
Is it a coincidence that the increase came right when I started blogging about *Veronica Mars*? I think not. Hee.
Seriously, I know why there is an increase and I am proud of you.
Comments are closed.