Before I fade away, here’s a quick list of the albums you should go out and buy right now:
- Kaiser Chiefs – Yours Truly, Angry Mob – Funny, bouncy and brilliant. You won’t be able to stop bopping along. The album gets better every time I listen to it.
- The Shins – Wincing the Night Away – Beautiful and haunting, great melodies and sweet hooks.
- Arcade Fire – Neon Bible – I can’t stop listening to this one. It’s eclectic and urgent, with so many layers, I can’t stop peeling them away. A great headphone album.
- Constantines – Tournament of Hearts – Rough and rocking through the entire album, but Soon Enough has some of the most gorgeous and sad lyrics I’ve ever heard, and the music fits perfectly. Kind of country rock without the cheesy affected Southern accent and weak slide guitars. This stuff rocks.
- Regina Spektor – Begin to Hope – I’m not usually into stuff that would be labeled “pop”, but Regina has such an amazing voice, I can’t help it. She genre hops a little, but her great voice and catchy lyrics follow through every song. Good stuff.\
That’s it. I’m really going to bed now.
Ooh, fun. I’m going to go playing on YouTube to find samples of your recommendations. I’m already on board with the Shins and Regina Spektor, and I’ve heard good things about Arcade Fire.
Comments are closed.