Shawn Medero asked for some Rails resources on Twitter last night, and here they are. All of the blogs are from my feed reader and the links are things that are pretty much always on one of my first five browser tabs. I’m sure I’m missing some great Ruby and Rails blogs from this list, so if you have any… bring ’em on.\
- Rails API
- Ruby Docs
- Rails Guides
- Sinatra Rubygems – A great little app from Jesse Newland that serves up the RDocs for all your gems. I use it every day all the time on my laptop.
- Ruby Inside
- Rails Machine
- GIANT ROBOTS SMASHING INTO OTHER GIANT ROBOTS (seriously)
- The Real Adam
- Rails Tips
- ones zeros majors and minors
- I use O’Reilly’s Ruby in a Nutshell as a desk reference all the time. It’s so worn out, I probably need to order another copy (although I do have the PDF now).
- With Rails 3 just around the corner, I would wait if you want to get a Rails book. Maybe start with the Manning Early Access Program and get Rails 3 In Action
I only listen to one Ruby podcast: Ruby5 – It’s only a couple times a week and only 5 minutes at a time, which is perfect for short attention spans.