In case you didn’t know, chocolate chip cookies are yummy. Max and I made a double batch while Brian was pretending to take a nap (he serenaded us over the baby monitor with babble-singing, then whining, then crying). They turned out really well. The keys?
- Use the Toll House recipe
- Mix the sugar and brown sugar before adding the butter and then break up any clumps before adding the butter.
- The butter should be about half softened / half melted
- Use about a half a teaspoon more vanilla than it calls for
- Use about half a cup more chocolate chips than you should
- Use half semi-sweet toll house chips, half Ghiradelli bittersweet.
- Cook them about a minute less than you think they need. There’s nothing better than a gooey chocolate chip cookie.