Well Steve got me, and well, since I’m awake and everyone else is in bed, why not? I like a meme as much as the next guy, so I’ll play along. Here are five things you probably don’t know about me, even if you’ve been reading this blog for almost eight years:
- I was a missionary for the LDS Church (yep, the Mormons). I was sent to the Spokane, Washington area, rode a bike for two months and then was sent to a very large area near Fairchild Air Force Base and then the fun started. In less than a month, I totaled a mission car, watched my companion sneak out of our apartment to go to Wal-Mart with a female friend of the family we lived with, blew out my ankle, and went home in a cast. It took me quite a while to get over my disappointment with the whole mission experience. It was “sold” as this great spiritual experience, but ended up feeling a lot like selling used cars to people who were pretty darned happy with their bikes.
- I was on a TV show. Yes, really. When I lived in Tucson, my friends and I started and ran a Saturday night tech call-in show that competed directly with SNL. It was called Tech X and I played “Otto the HED”, a floating head that sat behind the hosts and said really stupid things. Yes, there is video around somewhere, and I’ll try to post some… but won’t look too hard for it.
- I swear… a lot. Now, to some of you, this isn’t a surprise. To others, maybe it is. I don’t know why I do it, but I do. I’ve tried to stop, and hell, I may try again, but maybe not.
- I never finished college. You know number 1 up there? Well, after I got home, I recovered for a little while and then got what I thought was a summer job taking tech support calls for AOL at the call center in Tucson. I met so many cool interesting people and was having so much fun, I just never went back. I just kept learning and trying new things, and well, here I am.
- I hate bananas, hate them. No really, can’t stand how they feel, smell, or heaven forbid, taste. I always have and am not sure why. Just can’t stand ’em.\
There you go. You know who I’m going to tag? I’m gonna tag Jen. Sweetie, that means you gotta post five things that folks probably don’t know about you. Won’t that be fun?
I need to see that video!
Dude, I enjoy bananas. I just don’t like the ends of bananas, which is weird.
What about fake banana? Like banana milkshakes from Rallys and banana Laffy Taffy?
And yeah, you gotta dig up those videos.
I gotta’ say, I like real bananas but fake banana practically makes me ill. I was feeling all special and whatnot there until BAM, number 5. You don’t like bananas?! What the crap? How did I miss that? With all the crazy stuff you like that I would never touch, but I’m munching away on bananas that you can’t stand. Is that ironic, or just ironic in the Alanis Morisette definition of ironic?
You don’t swear at home. Just pointing it out.
I totally knew the other four.
My 5 things are wicked boring. Meh.
I don’t think HELL counts as a swear word, does it? Did you know I did my masters thesis on the language registers, foul language, and student swearing in the high school classroom? Fascinating, I tell you.
Comments are closed.