- Game 7: Finally, the Yankee’s lose! I hate baseball. I really do. But, that doesn’t keep me from hating the Yankee’s. Plus, Arizona was there, and they deserve a champion in something other than college basketball. If we’re forced to watch the Cardinals every year, we can at least get ONE World Series. (too bad I don’t live there and could take the day off or something)
- The Emmy’s: I thought they were a little overwrought, but it was great to see Peter MacNicol win for Ally McBeal. He’s the only real reason to watch that show anymore. He’s just groovy.
- Band of Brothers: It ended much better than it began. They tied up loose ends, and we finally got to see who everyone was! It bothered me that they didn’t put their names next to the old guys in the little interview segments at the beginning. I understand it (what do you think I am, stupid?). If they put their names up, you’d know who survives!! Where’s the fun in that?
- Fantasy Football: My whole team sucked this week. They really did. I didn’t start who I should have, and my QB was out on a bye. BUT, with one player each left (my kicker, his defense), I’m up by 13 points. I like my chances. If I win, it will put me alone at the top of the board with a crazy record of 7-1.
- Serendipity: John Cusack, what the hell happened to you, man? This was a piece of crap with a capital S. It was trite, completely predictable, and if it weren’t for Jeremy Piven, and how unbelievably cute Kate Beckinsale was, this movie would have no redeeming values whatsoever. The worst part? Whenever they missed each other, I heard a cascade of female gasps from the audience. DUR, ladies, DUR!! Jeez… what a stupid movie.
- The Crow: I took a late nap yesterday (I love Sundays), so wasn’t ready for bed when the game was over. So, I flipped over to Cinemax where I got to see most of The Crow. I still love this movie. It’s a little corny, but it’s dark, a little twisted and Michael Wincott is evil incarnate in it. That, and it rings a little too true with Brandon Lee’s death during filming. The end always gets me.
There you have it, the weekly entertainment roundup. I left out Iron Chef, but you know how I feel about that show…