These are the top things from the ’00s that I couldn’t have lived without, in no particular order.
- Digital Cameras
- Dove Caramel Squares
- I visited Hawaii and Paris. Lucky, lucky me!!! (ok, I could have lived without this, I just wanted to include it on my ‘top of ’00’ list.)
- Bought a house and have a lot in equity- wheee
- In-laws moved across the country to be close to us. Well, actually Max 🙂
- Internet fan groups and gossip sites
- Queer as Folk, Veronica Mars, Supernatural, The Office, and How I Met Your Mother
- Ballet flats
- Harry Potter\
Did I forget anything?\
We went from living in a two-bedroom apartment with a colicky newborn and my FIL (heee) to a four-bedroom rental house near the ocean, where everyone can feed, dress, entertain, and go to the bathroom by themselves. This decade, for all of its hardships and horrors, has been great for us. We left behind the ‘just started out in the world so I am damn broke’ club and joined the ‘got a mortgage and kids to send to college so I am damn broke’ club. Kevin rose to be the cream of the crop in his profession. He traveled to India, China, and Europe many times and all across the US. He is successful and continues to be challenged and invested at work and lovable and supportive at home. What more could I have asked for?\
Happy New Year!!