Apparently all it takes to get things done quickly is to be able to make decisions quickly. Who knew? (Um, yea, Kevin and I dated for 5 weeks before getting engaged.)\
A little more than 48 hours ago I was daydreaming about the fancy new carpet I had just ordered and how awesome it would be to finally get the basement back to organized. A day later, Kevin accepted a job offer in Georgia. Since then, I have:
- sent Kevin off to chat about rails. (Seriously, SXSW is geek Spring Break, this conference sounds like geek Summer Camp.)
- stressed a bunch about homes and schools and selling and buying and money and traveling and missing my husband and traumatizing my kids and being away from any family.
- found the neighborhood in Savannah we want to move to (18 minutes from the beach! The BEACH! WHEEEEE!).
- decided to rent out our house in Va, to weather the downturn a little until it rebounds some.
- found a property management company, I think.
- decided to rent a house in Savannah, so I can take my time finding the perfect house for us with in-law accommodations!!
- canceled the fancy carpet in favor of cheaper carpet.
- got estimates for some painting and small repairs.
- decided to just go with the painter who came tonight, without taking a month to ponder all of the implications of this decision.
- talked with my MIL for hours in which I’ve completely upended all of the decisions Kevin and I made (ha).
- planned out how to stage the house, what to get rid of, what to offer to a tenant.
- scheduled and canceled carpet people, cleaners, estimates.
- rescheduled carpet people, cleaners, and painters.
- obsessively checked my status on the freecycle group so I can start getting rid of the many things I don’t want to move down to Ga.
- scrounged to find a specific paint can so I can get more of that color.
- boxed up dvds, cds, and video games so the workmen can actually get to the area to do their thing.\
Ugh, I’m tired. Kevin feels bad(ly?) that I am doing this without him. It’s fine though, at least for right now. 🙂 I won’t hesitate to remind him that diamonds are forever, heh, as is our love- woot woot. My other diamond inspired motto: As your love grows, so should your diamonds.
I know you are super busy (understatement?!) but please, please keep updating on the blog so we know what is happening!
Think of it as your way of typing your to do list AND letting us know what is happening – all at the same time! 🙂
You have done so much already!!!!!
Still waiting to hear about eating at The Lady and Sons….. (giggling) and ducking….
Oh no. This is what I have to look forward to. At least I can make a checklist of things I’ll have to do in the future off the things you’ve mentioned in your blog. I’m still bummed we won’t be going to GA, too. Good luck with all the insanity- hope you find nice renters!
Comments are closed.